Indice del forum

FOLKrum

forum sulla musica folk fodistrass!

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

the tournament in
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> fodistrass!
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
vv1122365

italy
MessaggioInviato: Lun Gen 14, 2019 2:58 am    Oggetto:  the tournament in
Descrizione: the tournament in

Erik Guay will miss at least the first two World Cup downhill races of the season following a pair of off-season knee surgeries.That means Canadas most decorated downhiller wont race the season-opening downhill or super-G on Nov. 29-30 in Lake Louise, Alta., nor will he compete the following week in Beaver Creek, Colo.Lake Louise is definitely a scratch this year, Guay said Tuesday from Toronto.Right now, our optimistic calculations should put me back on snow around the seventh of December. If everything goes well from there, Id like to start racing the last weekend of December.The 33-year-old from Mont-Tremblant, Que., had surgery to replace cartilage and bone in his left knee in June. Guay underwent arthroscopic surgery on the same knee in March.So far its been healing well, Guay said. It took a little bit longer than originally anticipated, but things are on schedule now. Im working on gaining some mass and strength back into my leg.Guay won the mens world downhill championship in 2011 after claiming the World Cup overall title in super-G in 2010. Last season, he passed Steve Podborski for the most career World Cup medals won by a Canadian and now sits at 22.After finishing off the podium at the 2006 and 2010 Winter Games in fourth and fifth respectively, Guay really wanted to win some Olympic hardware last February in Sochi, Russia.But he twisted his left knee in January while training in Wengen, Switzerland, and arrived in Sochi hobbling. Hed also had surgery on that knee in 2013.Guay was 10th in the downhill in Sochi and was disqualified in the super-G for missing a gate. His Canadian teammate Jan Hudec tied for bronze in the super-G to claim Canadas first alpine Olympic medal since 1994.Its not easy, certainly, Guay said. You work for this for four years and knowing I was competitive early on in the season makes it that much more frustrating. I knew going in my knee was a problem and it wasnt 100 per cent. It weighs on you. When you go into a race, and confidence is such a huge thing, and you know your knee isnt performing the way youd like it to, its not an easy thing.I personally struggle with that. Im not the kind of guy who can put things aside. Jan Hudecs extremely good at that. If hes racing through pain, hes able to do that extremely well, whereas I struggle with that a little bit more.The pursuit of that elusive Olympic medal will keep Guay racing to a fourth Winter Olympics in 2018. At 36, hed likely be one of the oldest downhillers, but others have raced at that age and reached the podium. Didier Cuche of Switzerland was still winning World Cup races at 37 before he retired. Bode Miller, who tied for third with Hudec in Sochi, was 36.But if Guay is going to race at breakneck speeds for another four years, his knee has to be able to sustain it.Two weeks after his arthroscopic procedure in March, he was still experiencing pain and swelling in his knee. Guay then made the decision to have the more invasive surgery.I needed to get (my) knee in a good place, he said. Even if I start a little late, even if I miss the season entirely, I think I have to keep my eyes on the prize which is four years down the road.That being said, Id like to start as soon as possible because I know how competitive my sport is. I know the more time you spend off snow, its that much time you have to make up on the other competitors. Im a little bit anxious to get back on snow and start racing again, but I need to give myself enough time to heal.Guay won his first career World Cup medal in Lake Louise in 2003 when he was second in downhill. Hes been a consistent top-10 finisher at the Canadian stop on the circuit.Hell be in Lake Louise working with his sponsors, but wont race there for the first time in over a decade.Itll definitely be a strange feeling not to be in the start hut, Guay said.
. "This doesnt end anything," he said. "Weve got 10-1 in our last 11 games, and were going home in first place. We just have to keep playing the way we are right now.
. Showing more spark after not taking enough challenging shots on goal in their 1-0 loss Friday night, the Bruins had 18 shots in the first period after managing just 25 in the entire opener. Luke Glendening cut Bostons lead to 2-1 at 13:20 of the second period before Milan Lucic scored late in the second and Zdeno Chara added a power-play goal early in the third.
. -- Canadian Erik Bedard pitched into the fifth inning in his bid to win a spot in Tampa Bays rotation, helping the Rays beat the Toronto Blue Jays 6-3 on Saturday.
. Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick.
. - Quarterback Brady Quinn says he has been released by the Miami Dolphins.ORLANDO, Florida - Opening the tournament in style, the Montreal Impact topped Fluminense FC U23 1-0 on Wednesday night at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, in its first game of the Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic. Midfielder Sanna Nyassi scored the lone goal. With a first half largely dominated by the Impact, the games first goal came in the 18th minute when defender Hassoun Camara found the ball just inside the box, to the right side of goal. His left-footed shot was pushed away by the goalkeeper, but fell to Sanna Nyassi. The Gambian midfielder settled the ball before firing it off of the keeper and into the net. Lefèvre, Camara and Collen Warner helped goalkeeper Troy Perkins earn the shutout by making a number of solid defensive plays, especially in the first half. The second half saw a number of changes for the blue side, including all current or former field players from the Academy on the field at the same time: Wandrille Lefèvre, Karl W. Ouimette, Maxim Tissot, Zakaria Messoudi, Victor Ndiaye, Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé and Amine Meftouh. In total, 21 players saw action for the Impact in this first game of the tournament. The Impact is now 2-0 in preseason action, following a 2-1 victory on Sunday over Orlando Ciity SC in a friendly.dddddddddddd The Impact will play its next Disney Pro Classic matchups with the New York Red Bulls this Saturday, February 22 at 6pm and then versus Sporting Kansas City, next Wednesday, on February 26 at 8pm. The championship game is set for Saturday, March 1. All Impact games throughout the tournament are streamed live at impactmontreal.com. "It was a better game tonight," said Impact head coach Frank Klopas. "We really pushed the play in the first. In the second, we gave some valuable experience to our young players and we managed to keep a clean sheet." "It was a better game tonight, compared to the first one," also said defender Hassoun Camara. "We had to be better physically and technically and we were today. We respected the game plan and now we have to grow from this game. I played with a little bit of pain but I keep working hard. I had some good runs down the flank but it was a collective effort tonight." "We were stronger tonight compared to our first game," said defender Wandrille Lefèvre. "We had goals in mind: win the game and keep a clean sheet. These are important elements that we want to improve compared to last year and we did it tonight."
' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Lun Gen 14, 2019 2:58 am    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> fodistrass! Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a:  
Puoi inserire nuovi Topic in questo forum
Puoi rispondere ai Topic in questo forum